EWP@UP Workshop: Dealing with loss
The experience of loss and sadness is part of life and it impacts on all aspects of being human – on our physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual selves. Any loss and the impact thereof is a very individual experience. There are often losses linked to the experience of trauma, death of a loved one or friend, health problems, divorce, the ending of a relationship or relationship problems to name a few. The ways in which people manage loss often differs and the same loss can have different meanings to different people.
If you recently experienced a loss, or would like to know how to support someone, join us for a four-hour morning workshop at EWP@UP. This workshop is intended for employees working at the Hatfield Campus and their registration will have preference.
Activity: Workshop: ‘Dealing with loss’
Venue: Blue Room, Old Chemistry Building, Hatfield Campus
Date: Friday, 5 May
RSVP: by Tuesday, 2 May at 12:00 (Susan Joubert, email@example.com)
Please obtain prior approval from your line manager to attend the workshop. Without such approval we cannot accept your booking.
Since we can accommodate only fifteen participants, bookings will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register online, as follows:
- Log on to the UP portal (www.up.ac.za). The UP Staff Intranet news page will appear. Click on the Staff Systems portlet button.
- Scroll to the Human Capital Management (HCM) System portlet and click on Human Resources Self-Service link (leave, claims, personal info, etc).
- Click on the Employee Work Centre link.
- Click on the Performance Development tab.
- Click on Development Request. (You have previously entered your development needs and you have selected the programme(s) that you would like to attend.)
- Click on In-house (Free of charge) programmes.
- Click on Search by Course name (Dealing with Loss – 1983), type the name of the workshop and click on the Search button, or simply leave the space blank and press Enter.
- A list of all the selected courses will be displayed. Click on View available sessions next to the course you would like to attend and select a session by clicking on the Session number.
- On the Request Training Enrolment – Session Detail screen, read the applicable information and click on the Continue button.
- Complete the comments field if necessary and click on Submit.
– Author EWP@UP