EWP@UP Workshop: Anger and Conflict Resolution
Do you have feelings of anger that you worry may get out of control? Anger can be a destructive force if it is not controlled appropriately. It can cost people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand.
Join us at EWP@UP for a four-hour morning workshop to learn more about constructive approaches to handle anger and find practical solutions for conflict in the work and home environment. The focus of the workshop will be on the reasons for frustration, anger or aggression and will give insights into styles of handling anger and conflict, as well as ways an individual can adapt to have positive outcomes. Conflict resolution skills and techniques on how to diffuse aggression and anger will be shared. This should equip you with tools to recognize how anger and conflict affects the body, mind and behavior of the individual and the financial effect it has on an organization.
This workshop is intended for employees working at the Hatfield Campus and their registration will have preference.
Activity: Workshop – Anger and Conflict Resolution
Venue: Blue Room, Old Chemistry Building, Hatfield Campus
Date: Friday, 21 April
RSVP: Tuesday, 18 April by 12:00 (Susan Joubert, email@example.com)
Please get prior approval from your line manager to attend the workshop. Without such approval we cannot accept your booking.
Since we can accommodate only fifteen participants, bookings will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register online, as follows:
- Log on to the UP portal (www.up.ac.za). The UP Staff Intranet news page will appear. Click on the Staff Systems portlet button.
- Scroll to the Human Capital Management (HCM) System portlet and click on Human Resources Self-Service link (leave, claims, personal info, etc).
- Click on the Employee Work Centre link.
- Click on the Performance Development tab.
- Click on Development Request. (You have previously entered your development needs and you have selected the programme(s) that you would like to attend.)
- Click on In-house (Free of charge) programmes.
- Click on Search by Course name (Conflict & Anger Resolution – 1981), type in the name of the workshop and click on the Search button, or simply leave the space blank and press Enter.
- A list of all the selected courses will be displayed. Click on View available sessions next to the course you would like to attend and select a session by clicking on the Session number.
- On the Request Training Enrolment – Session Detail screen, read the applicable information and click on the Continue button.
- Complete the comments field if necessary and click on Submit.
– Author EWP@UP