False bay college online courses
DISTANCE LEARNING AT FALSE BAY COLLEGE
Who is the target audience?
- Students who are unable to attend classes on a regular basis
- Students who feel they are able to work independently
What can I study?
- Business Management: The first two subjects that will be on offer are Entrepreneurship and Business Management at N4 level as well as Management Communication at N4 level.
- Two more subjects will be added in the next semester.
- Exams are written twice a year at the end of a semester
- Students must complete 4 subjects to finish each block (i.e. N4)
- N5 and N6 subjects will be rolled out in 2015.
- Students must pass a total of 12 subjects and complete 18 months of in-service training to be awarded the National Diploma in Business Management.
- Entry requirement is Gr12
- Engineering Studies: The first two subjects that will be on offer are Maths at N1 level and Engineering Science at N1 level
- Two more subjects will be added in the next trimester.
- Exams are written three times a year at the end of a trimester.
- Students must complete 4 subjects to finish each block (i.e. N1)
- N2 and N3 subjects will be rolled out in 2015.
- Students must pass a total of 12 subjects to be awarded an N3 certificate.
- Students must pass a total of 8 subjects to be awarded an N2 certificate.
- A minimum of a Grade 11 certificate with a 50% pass mark in Maths for entry into N1.
- A minimum of a N2 certificate for entry into an apprenticeship.
How will the curriculum be delivered?
- Study material and assignments will be sent to you by courier.
- Business Management N4 students will have an orientation session and 3 face to face support sessions during a semester.
- Engineering N1 students will have an orientation session and 2 face to face support sessions during a trimester.
- You will need to have access to the internet and a computer to access the Learning Management System and be computer literate.
- Support will be provided by the call centre, from your lecturer via questions posted and the face to face contact.
- A semester or trimester mark will be generated from tests and assignments and an exam written at the end of the semester or trimester.
- Exams are set nationally by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
The fee per subject is:
Where do I get an Application form?
- Application forms are available from the False Bay College website.
- Download the form and complete.
- Attach all the required documents (read the form carefully to see what is needed).
Send your completed application form and certified copies of the relevant documents in a sealed envelope to
Marian Theron at:
Private Bag X25
Hand delivery to:
False Bay College
Central Office c/o
Main and Atlantic Roads
For more information contact:
(021) 701 1153
083 272 0512