PhD Education Management, Law and Policy
- a Bachelor’s degree and a teacher’s diploma/Postgraduate Certificate in
- Education (eg BA + HED); or a four year composite degree in Education (eg BAEd); or
- an M+4 teacher’s diploma; or
- an M+3 teacher’s diploma and a Further Diploma in Education (FDE) or an Advanced Certificate in Education (ACE); or
- another academic qualification considered equivalent by the Dean for admission to a specific package. In this instance the qualification will not be recognised for teaching purposes.
- Meeting the minimum academic requirements required for admission;
- Previous academic performance;
- Applicable academic and/or teaching background;
- Availability of supervision for the required research project;
- Proven academic potential which may include academic communication and computer application skills;
- Additionally, an interview may be requested;
- The requirements of professional registration bodies;
- The discretion of the head of department.
Examinations and pass requirements
A final-year student who has failed a maximum of three semester modules or their equivalent, with a final mark of at least 40% in each, may be admitted by the Dean to a special examination/s in these modules during January of the following year, provided that this will enable the student to comply with all the requirements for the degree.
General Enquiries: +27 (0)12 420 4670 or Vida Moses, +27 (0)12 420 4216 firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate: Thandi Mngomezulu +27 (0)12 420 5615 email@example.com or Hannie de Weerd +27 (0)12 420 5644 firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgraduate: Bronwynne Swarts +27 (0)12420 5679 email@example.com or Pulane Tau +27 (0)12 420 2725 firstname.lastname@example.org,
Distance Education: Rita Venter +27 (0)12420 5589 email@example.com or Lorinda Theart +27 (0)12 420 4426 firstname.lastname@example.org