Univeristy of Pretoria Admission Requirements 2021-2022
Requirements / APS
University of Pretoria Admission Requirements 2021-2022 – The admission requirements for the university of Pretoria is Outlined below;
- The statutory minimum requirements for degree studies is a National Senior Certificate (NSC), with a minimum achievement level of 4 (50%–59%) in four recognised NSC 20-credit subjects from the designated subject list below:
Accounting, Agricultural Science, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages, Life Sciences, Mathematical Literacy, Mathematics, Music, Physical Science, Religion Studies, Visual Arts
- The NBT is compulsory for prospective students applying to the Faculties of Health Sciences and Veterinary Sciences. All other study programmes it is not compulsory but it is considered when looking at your application
- The calculation of an Admission Point Score (APS) is based on a candidate’s achievement in any SIX recognised NSC 20-credit subjects (including subjects from the non-designated subject list, eg CAT, Tourism, Hospitality Studies and Civil, Electrical & Mechanical Technology, etc), by using the NSC seven-point rating scale.
- Life Orientation is a 10-credit subject and may not be used for calculating the APS. Life Orientation is also not a faculty-specific subject requirement.
|NSC / IEB Scale of Achievement||NSC / IEB %||TUKS APS|
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access regularly, because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- UP Important Dates
- How to Apply to UP
- UP Admission Requirements
- UP Transport
- UP Residences/Accommodation
- Other Important Information UP