University of Pretoria UP Application Status
To check the status of your application, please click MyTUKS Login(UP Portal) to access your Student Centre.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyTUKS Login(UP Portal)‘Student Centre’ to accept or decline the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email email@example.com or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyTUKS Login (UP Portal) regularly.
Univeristy of Pretoria Admission Requirements
Requirements / APS
University of Pretoria Admission Requirements – The admission requirements for the university of Pretoria is Outlined below;
- The statutory minimum requirements for degree studies is a National Senior Certificate (NSC), with a minimum achievement level of 4 (50%–59%) in four recognised NSC 20-credit subjects from the designated subject list below:
Accounting, Agricultural Science, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages, Life Sciences, Mathematical Literacy, Mathematics, Music, Physical Science, Religion Studies, Visual Arts
- The NBT is compulsory for prospective students applying to the Faculties of Health Sciences and Veterinary Sciences. All other study programmes it is not compulsory but it is considered when looking at your application
- The calculation of an Admission Point Score (APS) is based on a candidate’s achievement in any SIX recognised NSC 20-credit subjects (including subjects from the non-designated subject list, eg CAT, Tourism, Hospitality Studies and Civil, Electrical & Mechanical Technology, etc), by using the NSC seven-point rating scale.
- Life Orientation is a 10-credit subject and may not be used for calculating the APS. Life Orientation is also not a faculty-specific subject requirement.
|NSC / IEB Scale of Achievement||NSC / IEB %||TUKS APS|
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access regularly, because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.